Thank you for your interest. The next step is to tell us about your family and your student. Our application gives you multiple opportunities to share your goals and values and assess your alignment to our mission. Starting an application doesn’t necessarily mean you’re ready to make a commitment – it simply opens the door to explore this option more fully and make informed decisions.
APPLYING TO PAIDEIA
- Generally, a child should reach the age of 4 years by June 1st of the year in which he is applying to the Pre-K program and the age of 5 years by June 1st of the year in which he enters Kindergarten. A child who has not completed Kindergarten at Paideia should reach the age of 6 years by June 1st of the year in which he enters first grade.
- If a child has successfully completed the previous school year, he will generally proceed to the next grade level. New students will be assessed individually so that they can be challenged with curricula appropriate to their needs and abilities.
- The child should understand that his parents have delegated their authority to Paideia Academy while the child is in school. He is therefore subject to instruction and discipline of the teachers and staff while at school.
- During the family interview with our Head of School at least one parent must be willing and able to clearly articulate a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. Both parents should have a clear understanding of the biblical philosophy and functioning of Paideia Academy. Both parents must read the Foundational Beliefs and accept that it constitutes the doctrinal beliefs of the school and that its truths will be purposefully and clearly taught to their children who are enrolled here. These matters will be reviewed in the personal interview.
- The parents must be willing to cooperate with the policies of the administration and board. This is particularly important in the areas of discipline and schoolwork.
- Parents must understand the school’s commitment to parental responsibility for their child’s education. Paideia Academy exists to assist parents in the task of educating their children, not to take over responsibility for the education of their children.
- Prior to final admission of the student(s), both parties should clearly understand the financial arrangements between the school and the parents.
We have a rolling enrollment policy, meaning we accept applications at any time throughout the school year. Mission-appropriate applicants who are applying for the upcoming school year will be placed in our waiting pool and contacted after our current family re-enrollment is completed in January, so starting the process in October or November is recommended.
We accept applications for mid-year transfer, and students may be admitted mid-year if the school and parents determine that it is in the student’s best interest and if space is available. For summer applicants applying for the current school year, please be advised that completing the admissions process early in the summer helps ensure that your student has the necessary books, uniforms, and supplies by the start of school.
We also have a number of Pre-K and Kindergarten families who submit applications a year or two in advance to secure a spot. We do give these completed acceptances first priority, so early application is welcome anytime.
Paideia Academy admits students of any race, color, and national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.